Permanent residence

FSWP vs CEC: What are the differences?

In this article we explain the main differences between the Express Entry programs: Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP) and Canadian Experience Class (CEC)

Fact: Statistically, for the CEC program, more candidates apply from within Canada and for the FSWP, more candidates apply internationally. However, the candidate’s location is not an eligibility factor for either program.

CEC Eligibility

  • To be eligible in the Canadian experience class, you must have at least one year of eligible work experience in Canada or 1,560 hours of work in the last three years.
  • It is important to note that the tests to certify language proficiency are valid for two years and must be valid on the day permanent residence is requested.

FSWP Eligibility

This program apart from having eligibility criteria in language, qualified work experience and education, also has its own grid of points.

  • Your qualifying work experience must have been completed within the last 10 years.
  • To meet the minimum education requirement, you must prove you have either a Canadian high school diploma or the equivalent. If your education was completed outside of Canada, you need an Educational Credential Assessment
  • Your application will be evaluated based on a 100-point grid, based on the following 6 factors:

* The FSWP is the only Express Entry managed program that uses this grid.

Canada offers many programs that you can access to start your process. For this reason, it is important to evaluate your profile and make an adequate plan to meet your immigration objective.

We hope that this information is helpful and remember that at Di Leone Group, we are here to advise you successfully.

Until next time!

Leave your comment